Friday, November 25, 2011

Just Pictures: Going Back For More Laduree

My dear friend from New York came back last month for our friend's wedding and she surprised me with one of the most wonderful things I have ever put in my mouth - macarons from Laduree.  It was fresh, decadant, and seriously one of the best macarons I have ever tasted!  These soft and delicate cookies had just the right amount of sweetness and flavor to it that you did not want to stop eating because it was hurting your sweet tooth, and trust me, I've had that happen quite often before with other macarons.  Laduree is a French-based company and they recently opened their first (and only, for now) store in the United States (in Upper East Side in New York).  Due to the high standards of Laduree (and thank goodness for that!), the macarons are flown directly from Paris three times a week to the store in New York.  No wonder these macarons are so wonderful!

Luckily, this discovery came in time for our New York trip, leaving today (yup, the day after Thanksgiving... are we crazy??) for a few days in the Big Apple to do two things: visit our friends and EATTTTTTT!!  It has been awhile since I've blogged about traveling, so I'm quite excited for this trip and am planning to take lots of pictures so that I can report back!  Stay tuned!

 Pretty box.

From left to right: Salted Caramel, a berry-type (seasonal), Orange, Strawberry, Pistachio, and Chocolate.  The salted caramel and the berry ones were the best!

2 comments:

  1. Please pick up some for meeee, I'm not kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the raspberry one.. and also one it tasted like dark cherry inside? yummy...

    ReplyDelete