Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Heart Panna Cotta

Someone should make a T-shirt that says that.  I love... adore... heart... panna cotta!  Needless to say, I am really excited to share this recipe.  I had some doubts before making this dessert because panna cotta tastes quite delicate, and so I thought the techniques to make this dessert were also delicate and complicated.  Boy, was I glad I was wrong!  It's so easy, so fast, and you just mostly let the refrigerator do the work for you!  I made this dessert yesterday for a "Pizza and Movies" night at our house, where we gorged on 3 different types of homemade pizza and watched Kung Fu Panda 2 and Crazy, Stupid, Love.  This dessert hit the ultimate happy spot my lucky belly!

Chocolate Hazelnut Panna Cotta
from Pinch My Salt

What I did...
...I found the hazelnut milk at Whole Foods (not too expensive, just $2.57!).
...added chopped hazelnut, lightly toasted on the stove.
...strawberries worked great with this dessert!   

Large raw hazelnuts from Trader Joe's.  I orginally bought these nuts to make hazelnut milk, but it came very handy for this dessert.
Nom Nomm
One for me, and one for... me again.

3 comments:

  1. it was soooo yummy!!!!!! still thinking about this.....yummmm..

    And hey you can make your own hazelnut milk now since you have the baller vitamix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had panna cotta.... =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ "anonymous" aka Subs, you should get on that!!!

    ReplyDelete