Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chicken with Capers Sauce

This entree is a typical meal I would cook on a weekday, given limited time I have to prepare a grand and glorious meal after work hours and after an intense workout (seriously, by the time I can cook, it is close to 8 already...).  I prepared this meal within 30 minutes and we scarfed it down within 10.  The capers sauce really added a special touch to the grilled chicken breasts, which can be dry and flavorless if not prepared correctly.
Chicken with Capers Sauce
from Simply Recipes

A few tips...
...do not overcook the chicken breasts!!  I've learned this lesson over and over again, but since these breasts are sliced thinner, cook it just enough so that it is not pink in the middle and take it off the stove immediately!
...although the recipe called for cooking off most of the liquids in the capers sauce, I found that it left you without much "sauce" to pour over the chicken.  The liquid was actually quite flavorful with the onions and capers (I choose chicken stock instead of white wine, although I think the white wine would have been that much better), so I would suggest not to burn off that much liquid.  Also, the extra liquid would make your chicken more juicy!

4 comments: