Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hmm Hmm Dulce de Leche

This cookie was started with the dulce de leche recipe I found online.  When I saw what was used to make the dulce de leche, I was immediately hooked.  Can you guess what tool was used??  Well, of course, a crockpot!!!  THE easiest recipe I've seen thus far, all you do is take a can of condensed milk (label off), drop it into a pool of water inside the crockpot, and turn it to low for 8 hours.  Ahh-maaa-zing!

Ginger Thumbprint Cookies with Dulce de Leche

From Chocswirl (ginger thumbprint cookies):

Just one variation...
...substituted molasses with maple syrup

Roll cookie dough into balls and gently push down the center.

And from The Culinary Chronicles (dulce de leche):

Simply exquisite dulce de leche

I know, the presentation of these cookies are not the best.  I may have used my thumb a bit too aggressively, and I blame it on the fact that I do not have piping materials yet!  Regardless, it was quite delicious.  Even my husband's coworkers agreed.

1 comment:

  1. lol, aggressive thumb action! hahaha love it! Looks delicious! I saw this same method before but you know I can't wait 8 hours!!! Make me some next time :P and i'll make dulce de leche ice cream for you hehehehe

    ReplyDelete