Friday, January 13, 2012

Peanut Butter, Banana... and Chocolate

I think I buy too many bananas.  Maybe because the bananas are stored in the corner of the kitchen, I don't usually see it and so I forget to eat it.  I am also pretty particular about my bananas - I like them more on the green side and harder than normally ripped bananas.  As soon as I see a few specks of black on the bananas, I would not eat them.  So what can I do with these really ripe bananas?  Bake banana items, of course!

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
adapted from Joy the Baker

A few variations...
...instead of making an entire loaf of banana bread, I used a 12-cup muffin/cupcake pan instead. 
...baked for 23 minutes at 350 degrees
...added chocolate chips!
...used plain greek yogurt (fage, the best!) instead
...didn't use ground flaxseed meal or dry roasted peanuts because didn't have any
...had left over batter after filling the muffin pan, so I took out my mini-muffin pan and made 8 more mini muffins (not pictured)


1 comment:

  1. me too.. i don't like ripped bananas... in fact, i have 2 ripped bananas at home.. i think i'll make some banana cake too!!

    ReplyDelete