Monday, October 3, 2011

Holding On To Summer... Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon

I don't want the nice summery weather to end!  I may be speaking for everyone that we are truly enjoying the breezy and nice 75 to 85 degrees weather of late, so nice summer weather, just stay, OK?

During a recent staycation to Monterey, I stopped by Sur La Table and picked up some new toys.  I blame this shopping spree on the $10 coupon that Sur La Table mailed to me a few weeks ago, indicating that I can get anything and receive a nice $10 off discount!  How could I resist?  I bought a cedar plank, a plank tray, and a $2 zester after rummaging through the clearance pile.  Total damage? 6 dollars!  I have been longing to own wood planks for cooking fish, ever since we bought our grill a few years ago.  It brings great flavor to the fish, and honestly, I think it just looks cool while cooking.  This cedar plank salmon did not disappoint!

Cedar Plank Salmon
From BBQ with Bobby Flay, Food Network

Tools
- Cedar plank (carefully read preparation and after cooking instructions to ensure longevity of the wood)
- Plank tray (optional. I thought it was a good idea to get one so that I will not have to replace the plank too often.  Besides, it was $10, so technically it was free. ^_^)

paired with fresh grilled pineapples (juicy, sweet, and a great complement to the salmon)

and also paired with my lazy salad (delegated the salad to my younger sister to make!)

2 comments:

  1. OOoooh i didn't know they make a plank tray..that's awesome! I always end up chucking the burnt wood..the fish looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good~ good pair w/ pineapples.. and i love the salad~

    ReplyDelete