Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just Pictures: Thomas Keller for Cheap

Four-course meal, $49 per person... what a steal for a Thomas Keller meal (hey, that rhymes).  Thomas Keller is a renowned chef who owns this little restaurant you may have heard of... French Laundry!!  (And no, it's not a place that shows you how the French does laundry...)  Note: I checked the Ad Hoc restaurant website this morning and the prices went up! It's $52/person now...

This meal was actually the success of my resourceful husband, where his only task for our two year wedding anniversary weekend was to find a dinner place.  Both of us didn't know of this restaurant prior to his search on Yelp, but after seeing key words such as "Thomas Keller", "$49/person", "daily, fresh menu"... we were SOLD!  He called about two weeks before the weekend, and the restaurant said there was one last opening at 5:30 PM on a Saturday evening.  "Take it, TAKE IT!!" I shouted at him.  Quite lucky for him, I must say, as he redeemed himself to actually contributing to a planned weekend for once.  Although we enjoyed ths meal many many months ago, I wanted to share just because it was so damn good
Antipasto Platter
(assorted salumi, roasted cauliflower, tfl garden carrots, california asparagus gorgonzola and burrata cheeses, marinated olives, mushroom crostini)
Frankies Greens
(mixed baby lettuces, icicle radish, red & golden baby beets, cippolini onion vinaigrette)
 Pork Brasciola
(san marzano tomato sauce, potato gnocchi, roasted broccoli rabe)
Hazelnut Panna Cotta with cinnamon biscotti
Ad Hoc // Yountville, CA

3 comments:

  1. You're a poet and didn't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMM....I cannot wait until Joe and my trip to YOuntville in May. I want to eat there on Saturday night, AND on Sunday brunch.. is that too much? hahhaa Maybe I'll go to Bouchon for brunch instead. Btw, I love how you layout the pictures.

    ReplyDelete