Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pancakes with Coconut Syrup

I am working from home today due to our tree busting open the main water pipe and causing a leak, so had to stay home to wait for people to come out and inspect and all that. The water company and the city's arborist came out, and in the end, they were basically saying the tree (on city parking strip!) and water pipe is our problem and it's our responsibility to fix it. And of course, it wasn't going to be cheap. Great. I love how the city "helps" its citizens out. Just great.

I had time this morning so I made pancakes for breakfast. I've been dying to use the coconut syrup I got in Hawaii!

Pancakes

Bisquick recipe on back of box

1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 TBSP lemon juice (my own addition)
Mix all that together and you got your pancake batter!

Next step is to pour the batter onto a greased hot grill (I leave the heat on medium).

Look how big and round that is... Pancakes cook pretty fast, so don't let it burn on the grill! You will know it's time to flip it over when you see steam rise from the pancake. You will also see the uncooked batter forming bubbles.





The final product - pancakes, fresh peaches, and coconut syrup. That coconut syrup did taste great!


No comments:

Post a Comment