Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin + Gingerbread

It's nippy outside.  I have to face the facts: winter is here.  It's mid-November, just about one and a half months left until the end of the year.  Lately, more of the food blogs I frequent are posting holiday-related recipes, and I am quite content with it since I love these flavors.  When I first saw this Pumpkin Gingerbread recipe, I didn't have any expectations of what the combination would taste like.  To be honest, I only reason I made this was to finish up the pumpkin puree leftover from the Halloween cupcakes.  The pumpkin gingerbread mini bundt cakes turned out to be fabulous... it was soft, full of pumpkin and ginger flavors, and not at all too sweet that will hurt your tooth!  I must be mastering the skill of combining dry and wet ingredients together because I am shocked at how moist this cake is!  Or I just got lucky.  Either way, give this recipe a try... you won't regret it!

Pumpkin Gingerbread Mini Bundt Cakes
from Simply Recipes

What I did...
...because I only had 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree left, I cut all of the ingredients in half .  I used minced ginger and substituted molasses with maple syrup.  Instead of vigorously whisking the dry ingredients together, I sifted the flour and spices.
...filled 4 mini bundt pans.
...bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

The combination of pumpkin and gingerbread flavors were like bursts of the holidays in my mouth!

2 comments:

  1. Some glaze and it'll be perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh!! I saw this recipe a couple days ago on simply recipes and wanted to make it too!! it's finally cooling down and feeling more and more like the holidays. YAY :)

    ReplyDelete