Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mini Pieces of Heaven, In 30 Minutes

The first person to try these had dubbed them Mini Pieces of Heaven, and boy, do I agree with her!  I made these Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes this past weekend for a get-together with hubby C's ex-coworkers.  I was inspired to make these because of these few reasons:
     (1) Pumpkin dessert is wonderful and underappreciated.  It is also such a great holiday or winter dessert... gets you in the mood you know?
     (2) Mini cheesecakes are such a great idea!  It's just the right amount, it only takes a few bites to eat, you won't overstuff yourself with dessert, and you can eat it with your fingers.
     (3) This recipe called for fresh whipped cream with cinnamon... comon, that is splendid by itself.
     (4) This pumpkin cheesecake is so easy to make... prep time is about 15 minutes and cook time is 14 minutes (yes, to the dot!).
     (5) Making this gives me an excuse to buy another kitchenware - now I own a mini cheesecake pan!  Getting this pan was a bit of a difficulty as mini cheesecake pans are not widely sold in stores.  I searched online and finally settled on the cheapest one I can find online from Sur La Table.  Luckily, they had the pans in stock at the store in Santana Row, so I and everyone else that had a taste of these mini's lucked out.

I got this recipe from Pinch My Salt, a food blog I love to read because of the great pictures, including step-by-step pictures, taken by the blogger Nicole.  I wish I had her skills and camera because she takes such beautiful pictures!  I've decided not to post the recipe or my pictures of cooking these wonderful little things because Nicole does a great job, so please click the link if you want to give it a try.  She also has tons of other great pumpkin recipes for you P-Lovers.

There will definitely be many mini cheesecakes in whatever flavor from me in the future... these are great to make and fun to eat!  Or fun to make and great to eat!

On the drive back from the get-together in Half Moon Bay... makes me want to make more pumpkin anything...

3 comments:

  1. Next time STRAWBERRIES!

    "Somebody" got left out of the credits again. The title got more props than I did!

    Regardless it was delicious, especially the cookie crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I forgot... hehee. I blame the Montana weather :P Yes, the crust MADE the cheesecake... good job BB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yours look exactly like Nicole's.. great job!! pumpkin + cheesecake is really not my thing.. sorry.. but i do love this mini cheesecake pan.. they are too cute!! they are prob the same size as the mini muffin pans.. i love mini muffins..

    ReplyDelete