Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Live Blogging: 3-Day Juice Cleanse, Day 3

September 13, 2011 // Day 3:

9:19 PM... We are done!!! In 3 days, we have each consumed 312 ounces of fluids. Wow. And that's not counting the water we drank in between! This has definitely been an incredible experience. In these last 3 days, I really missed eating solid foods, especially hot foods. I find myself thinking about food and wanting to look at pictures of food all the time. When the hunger pangs kicked in, sometimes right after I have consumed a drink, that was the most difficult period to get through. Fortunately, I barely experienced any detox symptoms, only dizziness and coldness on Day 2 when I was waiting for the juices to be delivered. I think that's what starvation feels like.

On the positive side, I am more aware of the types of food I put in my body, such as more raw and fresh foods, and less processed and packaged foods. I also discovered that vegan food is pretty darn delicious, as I ate for the prep, and I am really interested in trying to make vegan dishes in the future. Besides the lemon and cayenne drink, almond milk is also a new favorite mine, and I am looking forward to making homemade nut drinks. Physically, my stomach has never felt flatter, thanks to those resting intestines, and I lost about 3 pounds. Although the weight will most likely come back when I'm eating again, knowing that I am on the road to better eating and better living, this is motivation enough to keep my body active. I just feel good overall. All cleaned out.

2:09 PM... Yay, LAST DAY!!  This last day is going well so far!  I'm not sure if it is my excitement that this is soon over, or I am getting used to just drinking for food, but I'm feeling pretty good today.  I even went and did an hour of cardio workout at the gym during lunch time.  Now, back to work...

1 comment: