Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Year of the Tiger


Chinese New Year 2010 is the same day as another "holiday" this year... Valentine's Day!  Since 02-14-2010 also falls on a Sunday, this weekend will only mean one thing for me - a massive food fest which will knock me into a food coma until the next year!  Coincidently, a dear friend is coming back for the weekend to bring in the New Year (a second time) and so more food-activities have been planned around her visit.  Here is what my stomach will get this weekend:

Friday night - trying a new ramen place called Orenchi that LL highly recommends!  So happy and excited that another ramen place is nearby.

Saturday - the hubby's mom is making a grand meal for Chinese New Year.  And get this, this massive meal is just for LUNCH!  On the menu (from what my hubby roughly remembers)... shark fin soup, walnut shrimp with shrimp chips, Hainanese chicken, salt & pepper pork, fried dumplings, veggie stir-fried vermicelli... yeah, I'm drooling already.  For dinner, we are going out to celebrate his nephew's birthday.  Another big meal I can imagine...

Sunday - a wonderful tea party (one of my favorite things!!) hosted by the talented EH.  She makes the best fruit tarts and delish tea sandwiches, and her tea collection always excites me.  The menu is insane... multiple different types of tea sandwiches (cucumber, smoked salmon, chicken salad, etc.), scones, cookies, pastries, mini cheesecakes (guess who is making that? :D), and besdies tea to top it off, yummy mimosas are also available.  This is just what I can roughly remember, I bet I'm missing something!  At night, we are heading over to my side of the family for hot pot (and you know hot pot eating... the selection is always abundant). 

I am taking a guess that I will gain at least 5 pounds by Monday.  Anyone tempted to make a bet?  ^_~ 

Happy New Year!  Best wishes to you for 2010.  (Oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day too!)

1 comment:

  1. for some reasons, the pic doesn't come up.. anyway.. wow.. you have a busy weekend~ so do you still want my Mickey Mouse eggettes? heehee....

    ReplyDelete